Code displayed "err PL" or "err Pd". The heat pump no longer works.
Origin of the problem
This problem is due to a malfunction of the flow detector.
There are 3 possible causes:
1 – You don’t have enough water in the water circuit of the heat pump (the exchanger)
Check for proper water circulation within the heat pump. To do this:
- Verify that the pool filtration or circulation pump is working properly. Restart it if necessary (for this, consult the instructions of the supplier of your filtration/circulation pump). If the filtration pump does not work, the problem does not come from your POOLEX heat pump.
- Ensure water inlet and outlet pipes are connected correctly (in the right direction)
2 – Water flow sensor defective
The water flow sensor prevents the heat pump from overheating. The sensor is a blade located at the exchanger outlet:
* Make sure the blade direction is correct
Then you can test the sensor manually. For this:
* Stop the filtration, leaving the heat pump on
* Unscrew the sensor
* Press in the direction of the arrow on sensor until heat pump starts
If the pump starts again, the problem comes from your water circulation (cause N°1 – above)
If the pump does not start, go to N°3
3 – Water flow sensor disconnected
* Electrically disconnect the heat pump
* Open the top cover of the heat pump
* Open the cover of the electrical box to access the electronic card
* Check that the "fluxostat" or "water flow switch" terminals are connected (diagram).The position of the sensor is indicated in the wiring diagram of your manual
- if the terminals are incorrectly connected, reconnect them correctly
- if the terminals are properly connected, the sensor is probably defective and needs to be changed.
In case your product is out of warranty (more than 2 years or more than 3 years for the Jetline Premium only), fill out the form (available here).
If your product is still under warranty (less than 2 years or less than 3 years for the Jetline Premium only), fill out the form (available here), with your purchase invoice and a photo of the problem attached.